General Admissions Requirements
Hathaway Recovery treats both men and women (age 18 or older) who are suffering from alcoholism and/or drug addiction. In addition, we seek to improve both physical and mental health by treating co-occurring or dual disorders—the combination of chemical dependency and a psychiatric or emotional illness.
For those seeking guidance in staging an intervention for a loved one, Our program has trained interventionists on staff who will work with families and potential clients in breaking through the denial that typically impedes them from entering treatment. In addition, The patient needs an intensive inpatient rehabilitation stay due to the complexity of their nursing, supervised detox management, and rehabilitation needs.
The individual must be able to tolerate and benefit from a minimum of three hours of therapy per day at least five days per week including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and/or speech therapy. In some cases as indicated by the needs of the patient, 15 hours of therapy can be provided over the course of a 7 day consecutive period.
The patient must be reasonably expected to actively participate in the benefit from the rehabilitation plan.
- The patient must be at least 18 years old.
- The patient must require physician supervision by a rehabilitation physician defined as a physician with specialized training and experience in inpatient rehabilitation where there must be at least three weekly documented visits.
- If it appears the patient may require post-discharge support, options will be discussed with the patient/family prior to admission.
- If the patient has already completed a rehabilitation program, they may be considered for re-admission if the following conditions are met:
- The individual meets the general admission criteria.
- The individual has sustained a new event, injury, or change in function.
- The individual has rehabilitation goals that were not achieved but are currently feasible.
- The level of care required by the individual can reasonably be expected to be reduced by an intensive rehabilitation effort.
Every patient should have specific and definite rehabilitation goals documented on the treatment plan within 4 days of admission.
The patient continues to need an intense rehabilitation program with an interdisciplinary approach, which includes at least two therapeutic disciplines.
The patient continues to make progress towards stated goals and continues to tolerate at least three hours of therapy daily.
The patient needs treatment modification based on goal progress with documentation of discharge planning reflecting patient/family involvement.
The patient develops a complication that temporarily impairs the progress of the patient toward their stated goals for less than one week. Rehabilitation and treatment, though they may be less intense, are still necessary and ongoing. These situations will be evaluated on a case-by- case basis.
The patient continues to need rehabilitation physician and nursing plus supervision.
Comfortable and casual clothing, for indoor and outdoor activities and visits. We do have a laundry room available at the facility.
Gym clothes and gym shoes
pajamas, bathrobe, slippers
Health insurance card and your ID card (valid or invalid, doesn’t matter)
Cigarettes if you smoke
We do have all necessary hygiene belongings at the facility, however some patients like to bring their own for comfort.
Please bring anything that will make you feel is your home away from home (magazines, photos )
Current prescriptions in their original containers
List of your favorite meals